1. There will be four print competitions (3 open and 1 themed) and four Projected Images Competitions (2 open and 2 themed)
2. Members can submit up to three entries for each competition.
3. Trophies will be awarded to the authors doing best over all four print and PDI competitions (two separate trophies) and small prizes and certificates will be awarded throughout the year.
4. Prints can be any size but must be card mounted, with a maximum mount size of 500 X 400 mm. A projected digital image file must be submitted for each print entered with the same title as that of the print.
5. Digital images must be in jpeg format and should be in the sRGB colour space and sized such that at least one dimension is exactly 1920 pixels wide or 1080 pixels high with the other being smaller than or equal to the required size. See website for detailed information on sizing your images. File names need to be in the form: ‘TITLE by Your Name.jpg’.
6. Any entry not held back may be entered in one further competition. This gives the opportunity to make any changes the judge may have indicated.
7. The door fee must be paid on the day or in advance of the competition for your entry to be accepted. Please make arrangements for another member to pay for you if you cannot attend.
Please refrain from submitting very similar images in order to defeat the intention of rule 6. This includes copying digital to print and vice versa.
1. Images may be submitted on CD, DVD or USB drive. Memory cards are not acceptable. All media should be clearly labelled with the author’s name. There must be no other images on the media apart from those intended for the competition entry.
2. All entries on physical media (CD, DVD or USB drive) must be made at the latest on the last club meeting before the digital image competition. No images will be accepted on the night of the competition.
3. All physical media will be returned to the entrants on the night of the event.
4. Entries may also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org closing date will be the Sunday before the competition unless otherwise agreed with the competition organiser.
5. All images must be submitted as JPEG files (.jpg). No other format will be accepted.
6. The image should be sized so that the horizontal dimension is 1920 pixels or the vertical dimension is1080 pixels whichever is reached first.
7. The image should be in the sRGB colour space.
8. The image filename must be in the following format:
IMAGE TITLE in capital letters “ by" Author's name with leading capitals only
For example: THE SKY AT NIGHT by Patrick Moore.jpg
Please try to keep titles as brief as possible.
Copyright © 2019 Arnold & District Camera Club